Sunday, April 09, 2006

Comments

(Just this once for those that receive posts via email or feed and don't normally read the comments.) If anyone cares, today was the first time I responded to a comment with a comment instead of a post. Going forward I'll be paying more attention to the comments and will try to respond periodically in addition to my regular posts.


Cutter said...
Really, I don't normally read the comments. The Doc wanted me to get some things off my chest and that's been the whole premise of the blog...not me getting noticed. If I had zero people read it or 1,500/day, I'd continue writing just the same.

Although, I must admit I haven't done a good job of keeping my doctor's orders to open up. Thinking it through, I decided that maybe I should start to read them more often. That's why I threw in the alias idea. Maybe that's what I've been missing all along and why I haven't felt the blog doing much good for me. Perhaps on occasion I could respond to a few comments as sort of an extension to my treatment plan. On occasion, of course.

I mean look at notyourdoc. He drilled both Bonds and Bush with one single pitch. Whoa. He's really getting stuff off his chest both sportswise and politically. How efficient. Not a wasted movement. If only you could pitch that good on the mound? . . . Can you?

Anyhow I've never seen a scouting report compare a player to the Michelin Man but that's one I'll have to remember. I like it.

If I had a nickel . . .


Sunday, April 9th, 10:37 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baseball related question, and also to help with your "therapy":

What's the one thing about a prospect that pisses you off? Is it a non-chalant attitude? Families who meddle with kids? I'm interested in your answer, and it also fills the "getting things off your chest" premise of this blog.

-C

11:14 PM  
Blogger Cutter said...

C-

When a prospect does not rise to his potential. Of course, there are those rare occasions where I completely windmill on a prospect meaning he never did have the ability to rise to what I thought he could become. But beyond that, it is extremely frustrating and hazardous to my job security when a kid has the potential to make it large but he fails to capitalize on his talent. And it happens for a variety of reasons but if I had to put my finger on the single most reason it would be a failure to separate what a player can and cannot control and the lack of mental discipline to take responsibility for and to concentrate on only those things which he can control.

If I had a nickel . . .

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home